Monday, June 8, 2009

So it begins

The beginning of a blog and the beginning of a new journey. It actually began a couple months ago LOL, but skip the details and fast forward 9 weeks and here we are.

I found out I was pregnant May 7, 2009. I had a suspision for a couple weeks, but could not truly believe it (mostly because I was on birth control). One day while I was at work the smell of a tootsie pop made me gag. My boss jokingly said maybe you're pregnant! I laughed it off, but went that day and bought a test. The next morning I had to be at work at 6AM so I woke up at 4:30 and took the test...















That was a Thursday. I wanted confirmation from a Dr. because I did not believe it. I could not get a hold of the dr. all day. Of course me being google queen LOL searched false positives. There were many many websites that claimed equate +/- tests gave false postives. GREAT!!! So I went out and bought another test....














Ok so another positive but the same sites say never use a blue dye test... OK I give up I will just wait for the Dr...

So the Dr. calles me at 2:30pm says I can go in for bloodwork, but I would have to come back Saturday to do the second test. I knew I couldn't make it back in Saturday so I opted to take the test Friday and Monday. What a wait, I am impatient as it is and I had to wait 2 days for the results. Wednesday came and no call so I called the office. Do you think they could find my paperwork... NO of course not. Well one more day and they call me and say you are definitely pregnant. They told me to schedule my first ultrasound. I scheduled it for the next day. I assumed I would be around 6 weeks. I went in and had the ultrasound. They could see no embryo and said I only measure 4.5 weeks. It did not make sense to me because I knew the dates, but I went with it. They said there was nothing to worry about, but I worried anyway. They scheduled me for an ultrasound 3 weeks later. That was Friday June 5, 2009. I went in Friday expecting to be 7.5 weeks and I found out good news...

I measured 9.5 weeks (perfect to the dates) Baby has a good heartbeat and everything is 100% normal! Hearing the Baby's heartbeat was the most amazing sound ever.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell already that this is a very beautiful baby. I know it will be so very loved. Congratulations Julia and Jason. lol and Congratulations to me.... :)

    ReplyDelete