Tuesday, October 13, 2009

28 Weeks!


Well there are conflicting sources about when the third trimester begins, but there is NO source that says it begins after today. SO YAY I am officially in my third trimester! By this week the baby measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. She weighs almost 3 lbs.

I had my Dr. Appt yesterday and it was way more interesting than normal. I am glad Jason came to an "exciting" one LOL. First off I passed my glucose test with flying colors, so no need to worry about gestational diabetes. My blood pressure is very goos 122 over 60. so no signs of preclamsia... The baby's heart rate was in the 150's up from the 130's but I gave in and had a cappucino in the morning so that could be the cause LOL oops... My weight... well we won't go there UGH all my dieting and hard work is being "taken away"... For good cause I guess

Now on the the Q&A part of the appointment. Dr asked, "So are you feeling the baby all the time." No I say that is actually my question. I hardly feel her at all. I feel her everyday, but only 5 or so times. I can lay down for an hour or two and try to feel her and feel nothing.

Well that conserned him so he wanted to put me on the fetal monitor for a while. I go in this back room and lay down and they put the monitor on me and tell me press the button when you feel a kick. So I am laying there and I feel nothing, but I hear thumps and bumps. The nurse walks back in and I say are those noises kicks - she says yes. I say well I dont feel them. She says OK well press the button when you hear them then. So I press the button when I hear a kick. The Dr walks in, talks about sending me to the hospital for more tests because the baby's heart rate won't accelerate when she is stimulated. He then "manipulates" the baby with his hands...
(SIDE NOTE I have no idea how he can feel her in there LOL my stomach just feel like a stomach to me HAHA) Anyway she starts kicking again. He says there she goes. Do you feel that. I say NO. Then she gives an extra hard kick... Oh I felt that a little I say. Well I guess those are the strong ones that normally "hurt" other women and I barely feel them.

Anyway he looks over my chart and says my placenta is in the front so that cushions the kicks a little, but I should feel them. OH well everything is good I guess I am just not sensative... Maybe my contractions wont hurt too bad (YEAH RIGHT!!!!)

Then the most confusing part... He tells me this test is good for a week so if I am not feeling her more in a week call back to get monitored again. Ok should I call when I know she is kicking I just dont feel it?? I guess I will figure that out in a week.

But she is growing well. I am healthy. Her heart beat is strong. I am just not sensative and dont feel many kicks. Even today and I have been awake almost 3 hours I have only felt one things that feels sort of like a kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment