Tuesday, December 8, 2009

36 weeks!


Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

The next few weeks will go fast until Christmas then I know time is going to drag LOL All the baby clothes are clean and put away. The crib is setup, the pack in play is setup in my room and I am trying to teach the cat she is not allowed in the pack n play! The baby bag is packed for when I go to the hospital. I will pack my bag sometime soon. I am going to try to install the car seat tonight. I have assembled all the baby stuff. I am ready. Sometime in the next few weekends I want to go get some last minute baby stuff with Jason. I would go now, but he likes shopping for our daughter too. She will be here soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment